To Do List
Your TiVo® DVR’s To Do List shows all your scheduled recordings and lets you change recording options or cancel recordings. Note: You can only manage your To Do list on your main TiVo DVR. You can’t manage the list on a TiVo®Mini.
Use the instructions below to view your To Do List, depending on your TiVo® Experience.
To view the To Do List in the newer TiVo Experience:
- From the Home screen, select the Menu icon and then Manage.
- Select To Do List.
To view the To Do List in the classic TiVo Experience:
- From TiVo Central, choose Search, OnePass & Manage.
- Select To Do List.
You’ll see a list of all shows scheduled to record in the next two weeks.
- Newer TiVo Experience users will see individual recordings are marked with a single check mark in a circle. TiVo® OnePass™ recordings and manual repeating recordings are marked with a ticket with a double check mark. Auto-recording WishList® searches are marked with a ticket with a star.
- Classic TiVo Experience users will see individual recordings marked with a single check mark, OnePasses and manual repeating recordings marked with a double check mark, and auto-recording WishList searches with a starred double check mark.
Press the C button to view the list without conflicts or to view only shows that have conflicts. To see available options for these shows, press Select on any show.
OnePass™ adds all shows that match a search to your My Shows instantly. With OnePass, you can gather:
- Every episode of a series (available anywhere)
- Every game or match from a specific team
- Every sporting event in a league
For series, if an episode isn’t available on TV or from ON Demand, OnePass fills in the gaps with episodes from streaming video providers like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video and more. Best of all, streaming videos and ON Demand shows don’t take up any space on your DVR – so you get more choices without having to worry about recording space.
For sports, your OnePass search will find matches whether you search by full team or league name, location (such as San Francisco, Stanford), nickname (such as Giants, Bears), or abbreviation (such as, NFL, NCAA, UCLA). Note: to be sure to get pre- and postseason games, set a OnePass for a league rather than a team.
For customers using the newer TiVo Experience:
- Find a series you want to watch, and select Create a OnePass.
- Customize your OnePass options, and then press A. A OnePass folder with all available episodes for that series is now in your My Shows.
For customers using the classic TiVo Experience:
- Find a series you want to watch, and select Create a OnePass.
- Press Select to create a OnePass with default options, or choose Options to customize your OnePass settings. After editing the options, press A. A OnePass folder for that series will now appear in My Shows.
See which TiVo Experience you have
Use these options to customize your OnePass recordings.
- Include: Choose to include recordings, streaming videos or both in your OnePass results.
- Start From: Set it to record new episodes only or tell your OnePass start from a specific season.
- Rent or Buy: Decide whether to include episodes that need to be purchased before viewing.
- The TiVo Service will not purchase items for you. You will have the option to purchase them when you go to view them.
If your OnePass includes recordings, you’ll also see the following options:
- Record: Set your OnePass to only record new episodes or to get every episode.
- Channel: If more than one channel is available, choose the channel on which to record the show.
- Video quality: When you set the channel setting to All, you can choose to only get the HD version of a show, or to get it if it’s available.
- Note: If you set video quality to Always, but a show isn’t available in HD, it won’t be recorded. Likewise, if you choose Never, and the show is only available in SD, it won’t be recorded.
- Keep at most: Set the maximum number of recordings to be saved.
- Keep until: Choose how long to keep a recording (or each episode of a repeating recording). Space needed is the default setting.
- Start recording: Start recording up to ten minutes before a show is scheduled to begin. (This option is available only before a recording starts.)
- Stop recording: Set a recording to continue up to three hours after it’s scheduled to end. You can change this setting when you set up the recording or while the recording is in progress.
Organize, change or delete these recordings using the OnePass Manager.
To access the OnePass Manager (depending on your TiVo Experience):
- For the newer TiVo Experience: choose the Menu icon from the Home screen, select Manage, and then choose OnePass Manager.
- For the classic TiVo Experience: choose Manage Recordings & OnePass from TiVo Central, and then select OnePass Manager.
You can also manage your OnePass searches in the TiVo app.
Organize OnePass Searches
OnePass searches are listed and prioritized by the order in which you set them up. If too many shows are scheduled to record at the same time, OnePass uses this priority to choose what to record.
To reprioritize your searches in your OnePass Manager:
- Use the up and down arrows to highlight a repeating recording.
- Press the left arrow to highlight the arrows to the left of the title.
- For customers using the classic TiVo Experience, press the right arrow to highlight the arrows to the right of the title.
- For customers using the Classic Experience, press the left arrow to unselect a title.
Repeat these steps to move other titles around to organize your list.
Change or Cancel OnePass
Highlight the title of the OnePass you want to modify or delete, and press OK. Then:
- Choose Modify OnePass to edit the OnePass options. (For customers using the classic TiVo Experience, choose Modify Options.)
- Select Cancel to cancel a OnePass search. (For customers using the classic TiVo Experience, choose Cancel this OnePass.)
Note: You can cancel the recording of any individual episode in a OnePass search by highlighting the title in your To Do List and pressing the Clear button.
The Recording Activity screen (or the Recording History screen, for customers with the classic TiVo experience) shows the activity on your TiVo DVR. You can see when a recording was canceled or why a show isn’t on your To Do List.
Note: You can only view your recording activity on your main TiVo DVR. You can’t access this list on a TiVoMini.
To view the Recording Activity List:
- For customers with the newer TiVo experience: Select the Menu icon from the Home screen. Choose Manage, and then Recording Activity.
- For customers with the classic TiVo experience: From the TiVo Central screen, select Search & OnePass, and then History.
Your recording activity is organized by date. Use the up and down arrows on your remote to browse the list. Select a show’s title for more information.
If you know when your show is on but can’t find it in your guide to schedule a recording, you can set up a manual recording instead.
- From the Home screen, select the Menu icon or press 0 on your remote (if you have the newer TiVo experience).
- Select Manage and then Manual Recording.
- Use the up and down arrows to set the frequency of the recording (Once or Repeat), and then press the right arrow.
- Set the day(s) for recording using the up and down arrows, and then press the right arrow.
- Select the channel the show is on using the up and down arrows, or enter a number with the remote and press Enter.
- Press the right arrow, and then use the up and down arrows to change the start and stop time.
- Press OK to schedule the recording.
Need More Help?
TV Everywhere Password
Not all TiVo DVRS are compatible with the newer TiVo Experience. Voice functionality is not compatible with all TiVo Mini devices. TiVo® DVR requires a Midco Internet 50 connection or higher. If you enroll in Lifeline internet, download speeds are up to 25 Mbps. These speeds are not compatible with our TiVo® service, which requires a minimum of 50 Mbps downloads. TiVo Service Fee is $4/mo. TiVo® Mini may be needed to access whole home features. Streaming to devices is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices running iOS 7.0 or later, and select Android devices running 4.1 or higher. Programming cannot be streamed outside your home internet connection. Third-party monthly subscription is required for some apps. Network apps are subject to change. Contact us with questions.
This material includes references to other products, services and/or equipment not manufactured by Midco. The respective companies retain trademark and registered trademark ownership for those referenced items.