During this unprecedented time, we recognize that many in the communities we serve could use a little extra help.
Midco has signed the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge to ensure people don’t lose internet or telephone connectivity during this time. Please see our COVID-19 updates page for specific details.
We have also compiled the following list of local resources to help people in need during this time. This is not a complete list, and can change at any time. Note that we have not confirmed this information with the businesses/organizations listed, and please contact the individual businesses with questions or to confirm they’re still providing community support.
- Ladybird Diner in Lawrence is offering free sack lunches for anyone in need.
- Just Food in Lawrence providing drive-through food boxes
- Rodrock Chiropractic in Lawrence and Baldwin City is distributing food while supplies last.
- Mateo Chiropractic in Eudora is providing breakfast bags for kids while supplies last.
- Homestead Kitchen and Bakery in Baldwin City is offering free breakfast and sack lunches for kids and seniors on weekdays.
- Archibowls in Lawrence is offering a free hot meal at the takeout window for anyone in need.
- The Lawrence Schools Foundation is offering a free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch from 10:30 am – 1:00 pm on weekdays until March 27 at the following school sites.
- Hillcrest Elementary
- Kennedy Elementary
- Schwegler Elementary
- Billy Mills Middle School
- Liberty Memorial Central Middle School
- ISD 748 Food Service (Sartell-St. Stephen) is offering drive/walk/bike-through breakfast and lunch.
- WJON has curated a list of local restaurants in central Minnesota providing meals for children.
- Legends Sports Bar & Grill in Moorhead will be offering weekend lunch meals for kids in need available for pickup in South Moorhead
- Free lunch for school-aged children at Maysa Arena in Minot
- Magic City Hoagies in Minot is giving free meals to school-aged children.
- Minot Public Schools is offering bagged lunch with breakfast to students and adults with disabilities from 11 am-1 pm at the following school sites:
- Magic City Campus
- Bismarck Public Schools is providing free meals for any child up to age 18 regardless of the school they attend. Pick up sites include:
- Bismarck High
- Century High
- South Central
- Cenex gas station in Lincoln
- Dickinson Public Schools will provide a grab-n-go lunch and breakfast for students at the following locations:
- Dickinson Middle School
- Heart River Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary
- Kittsona Boutique in Fargo and Grand Forks is offering free delivered lunches – contact via Facebook.
- Fargo Public Schools is providing free meals to children during the school closure at the following pickup sites:
- Ed Clapp Elementary
- Madison Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
- North High
- South High
- Grand Forks Public Schools is providing free meals to children during the school closure at the following pickup sites:
- Ben Franklin Elementary
- Century Elementary
- J Nelson Kelly Elementary
- Lake Agassiz Elementary
- Phoenix Elmentary
- Viking Elementary
- Wilder elementary
- Winship Elementary
- Elroy Schroeder Middle School
- Valley Middle School
- Grand Forks Central
- Red River High
- Granite City Food & Brewery in Fargo is offering free lunches to kids from Minnesota or North Dakota.
- The Helpline Center in Sioux Falls has compiled a list of community resources throughout the state. You can also call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211 for information and referrals.
- A coalition of Sioux Falls churches has launched Coronahelpsf.com to mobilize churches and community volunteers to help those stuck in quarantine and low income families during school closures.
- Josiah’s Coffeehouse, Café & Bakery in Sioux Falls is providing a free lunch for children 12 and under.
- The Barrel House in Sioux Falls is providing free lunch to students on weekdays between 11 am-6 pm.
- The Dairy Queen in Pierre, in conjunction with First National Bank, is providing lunches for kids 12 & under from 11 am-2 pm.
- kRav’N in Sioux Falls is providing free kids meals to school-aged children.
- Open Heart UMC in Rapid City is providing sack lunches curbside at various churches throughout the city.