Call Blocking & Screening
Anonymous Call Rejection
Reject all incoming calls that have been blocked or marked as private or anonymous calls. Please note some calls do not have caller ID information, because of equipment limitations of the caller’s service provider.
- To activate anonymous call rejection, lift your handset, and press *77. You will hear a message confirming the feature has been activated.
- After activation, anonymous callers hear a message stating that you're not accepting blocked calls, and your phone doesn't ring. The message instructs callers to dial *82 and to redial your number in order to reach you, which will unblock them for one call.
- To deactivate anonymous call rejection, lift your handset, and press *78. A message will confirm the service has been canceled.
Selective Call Rejection
With selective call rejection, you can block up to 10 phone numbers from making incoming calls to your home phone number. In most instances, you may only be able to add a rejected number to your list after you’ve received a call from the unwanted number. We recommended you activate this feature immediately after hanging up from a call from the number you’d like to reject.
To activate and deactivate selective call rejection:
- Lift your handset, and press *60.
- Follow the recorded instructions.
Selective Call Acceptance
Available in select areas. Please contact us for details.
With selective call acceptance, customers can pre-select calls to accept calls from only certain numbers.
To activate selective call acceptance:
- Lift your handset, and press *64.
- To turn service on or off, press 3.
- To add an entry to the list, press #.
- To remove an entry from the list of numbers, press *.
- To hear all entries on list, press 1.
- To repeat these options, press 0.
Callers not on your list will hear an announcement that you're not receiving calls at this time.
To deactivate selective call acceptance:
- Lift your handset, and press *84.
- Follow the voice instructions.
Do Not Disturb
Want to silence incoming calls from ringing to your home phone? Just turn on the do not disturb feature.
To activate do not disturb:
- Lift your handset, and press *76.
Your phone will not ring for any incoming calls.
To deactivate do not disturb:
- Lift your handset, and press *79.
Your phone ringer is turned on for incoming calls.
Prevent Unwanted Calls
National and state Do Not Call registries help block telemarketers, but according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), scammers continue to innovate new ways to work around these registries.
While most legitimate companies don’t call if your number is on the registry, scammers will. Advances in technology have made it cheap and easy for scammers to make illegal calls from anywhere in the world, and to hide from law enforcement by displaying fake caller ID information.
Need More Help?