Speed Tests (Device & ISP)
Want to check your network or a specific device’s internet speed? With Midco Wi-Fi, you can do both!
The Internet Service Provider (ISP) Speed Test runs on the access device itself, measuring the speed being delivered by Midco. This test runs automatically once every six hours, but only when there is no traffic on the network. You can also choose to run the Speed Test anytime via the Midco Wi-Fi app, even when you are not connected to your network.
Running a speed test may affect the performance of other connected devices, which is why they do not automatically run when the network is busy. A speed test uses all available bandwidth in order to see how much is available. This is the reason ISP speed tests only run when the network is not busy.
- Scroll to the Adapt section on the Home screen. The latest result of the Internet Speed Test will appear.
- Tap the Check Speed This will trigger a speed test and provide you with the latest results.
- Tapping on View all will bring up the Speed Test History, where you can view the last 24 hours, seven days or 30 days of speed tests. You can also choose Check Speed Now from this screen to run a speed test.
The maximum for pods is 1 Gbps downloads and uploads, but this will also depend on your Midco internet package subscription. Use the Device Speed Test feature when your mobile device is connected to the gateway pod, to get a better idea of the speed funneling through your gateway pod.
If you have a PC or Mac, you can run a speed test at SpeedTest.Midco.net or download the Ookla speed test app to run a speed test while connected to the gateway device.
A history of speed tests for both upload and download is displayed and can be sorted for the last 24 hours, seven days or 30 days. The minimum and maximum speeds measured during the selected time frame are also highlighted.
Most commonly, you’ll see a gap in Speed Test history if your network was busy at the time of the scheduled, automatic test.
The automatic Speed Test will not run if your network is offline or if the speed test servers are temporarily unresponsive. If this is the case, please check your connection and try running the test again later.
Device Speed Tests
Running a speed test may affect the performance of other connected devices. The Device Speed Test only works on the device using the Midco Wi-Fi app. It will not run if your network is offline, if you are not connected to your network, or if the speed test servers are temporarily unresponsive. If this is the case, please check your connection and try running the test again later.
- From the Home screen, select the People icon on the navigation bar. Switch to the Devices tab.
- Choose your device to run a speed test. This will bring you to the device detail page.
- Tap Device Internet Speed to run the test. The results from the latest Device Internet Speed Test will always be displayed.
Because you can only run a speed test on the device using the Midco Wi-Fi app, you will need to install Midco Wi-Fi on your other devices to check their speed. Or, you can install the Ookla speed test app or visit SpeedTest.Midco.net on your other devices to check their speed.