Midco Wi-Fi’s privacy mode enables you to limit data from being sent to the manufacturer’s cloud. This feature is configurable at the location level.
It is disabled by default, though you can always enable it.
- Open the Midco Wi-Fi app. Go to the main menu from the home screen and tap on the Guard tab.
- Under the Let me be section, use the toggle to switch to Privacy mode on.
When you Enable privacy mode:
- All Guard features (Online Protection, Advanced IoT Protection, Adblocking and Content Filters) will be disabled. Past blocked events are preserved and will be visible through the app upon disabling Privacy mode unless you choose the Delete Security Events option.
- Previously quarantined devices will be un-quarantined.
- DNS sampling and user agents will not be collected at any time, so Advanced Device Typing information may not be accurate.