Midco Short Code Terms & Conditions
Updated July 2021
Account-Related Push Notifications
- General – Midcontinent Communications® (Midco®) provides telecommunications services to residential and business customers. Midco sends SMS messages to customers to notify them about billing, payments, appointments, maintenance, service updates and surveys. Communications through our short code services occur on an opt-in basis based on notification preferences residential customers set at Midco.com/MyAccount.
- Opt-In/Opt-Out – The user will opt into the short code program one of two ways. (1) The user sets notification preferences online at Midco.com/MyAccount. (2) The user opts in to texting while interacting with a Midco representative over the phone or a digital support channel.
Midco does not charge users for participating in the program; however, message and data rates from your wireless carrier may apply. Message frequency varies based on your services. Text "HELP” to 64326 for help.
To opt out of the program at any time, users can follow one of these methods: (1) Remove your cell phone number from notification preferences at Midco.com/MyAccount. (2) Text "STOP" to 64326.
After the user sends the message "STOP" to us, we will text a reply message to confirm that the user has been unsubscribed. After this, the user will no longer receive messages from us unless he or she chooses to opt in again.
- Help – A user needing assistance can just text "HELP" to 64326. After the user sends the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how contact us and how to unsubscribe.
- Participating Carriers – Carriers include AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile and Cricket. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Rates – As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to the user from us and to us from the user. If the user has any questions about wireless text or data plans, it is best to contact the user’s wireless provider.
- Support – For all questions about the services provided by this short code, contact us via our various support methods at Midco.com/Contact.
- Use of Short Code in Connection with an Emergency – Use of the short code is not interconnected with a public switched telephone network and is not designed or intended to be a replacement for ordinary mobile or fixed landline service. Any access to voice telephone calls is provided by the Customer’s mobile service provider and not by Midco or the Services. The use of the short code is not intended or designed to support or carry emergency calls (including 911 and 000) to any type of hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care unit, public safety access point, or any other kind of emergency service. Calls or messages to emergency services cannot be processed through the use of this short code. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Midco is not required to provide access to emergency services under any applicable local or national rules, regulations or law, and it is the Customer’s responsibility to utilize separately, traditional wireless or fixed-line telephone services that offer emergency services.
One-Time Passcode Login
If a user forgets login details to their Midco account, they can request a one-time passcode to be sent to a preset mobile device to authenticate the user’s identity and reset login credentials. Use of this service does not opt a customer into ongoing push notifications.
- The one-time passcode messages will come from 83069.
- Opt-in is not required for one-time passcode functions.
- The one-time passcode applies only to residential customers (not businesses) at this time.
- Customers who have saved their mobile phone number to their Midco profile may use this service.
- Midco does not charge users for participating in the program; however, message and data rates from your wireless carrier may apply. Message frequency varies based on usage of the one-time passcode feature.
- If a user needs help, they should reply “HELP” to 83069. The user will receive an SMS to reach Midco at Midco.com/Contact.
- A user could send a “STOP” reply to a one-time passcode. However, this will not opt them out of Midco push communications sent by 64326. When a user requests a one-time passcode, they will receive only one message. They are not opting into all push notifications.